[DFSci] Knowledge sharing

Mike Wilkinson mike at writeblocked.org
Sun Mar 10 16:51:19 PDT 2019

+100

Justifying the $1492 subscription pretty much puts the Journal beyond
the reach of your average LE agency and is hard to justify on the
commercial side too. It is also not included in the default higher
education subscriptions, unless they are teaching forensics or digital
forensics courses and have specifically requested it. Moving to open
source would open it up to a much wider audience.

 From a professional perspective the individual subscription of $308 is
roughly the same as ACM, IEEE and Usenix membership combined. Which
provides access to a wealth of publications, although unfortunately not
DFRWS.