[DFSci] Help support the first VR Cyber Forensics Game!

Baggili, Ibrahim IBaggili at newhaven.edu
Wed Jun 29 10:34:57 PDT 2016

Dear DFSci Colleagues,

I will only send this out once since I promised my students to do so.

I’m excited to announce that we are working on building the first cyber forensics Virtual Reality (VR) game! My students are leading this effort, and have decided to use our institution’s online crowd funding platform. Here is a link with the video about the project: http://makeithappen.newhaven.edu/csi. We already built a game in the past, and used it in an outreach program that we designed for high school students. The results were outstanding as the game engaged students and enticed them to enter the cybersecurity workforce. Here is a link to the video of the old outreach program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdVAYF_nJ9c.

Our goal is to improve our old game, and create a more realistic environment using VR to stimulate education and awareness in a fun an engaging manner by placing students in a truly immersive, simulated, situated, experiential learning environment. With the release of the HTC Vive, this project can now become a reality. Please help us achieve our funding goal!

International donors outside of the United States can still donate by clicking on the International link, or going to this link: https://alumni.newhaven.edu/sslpage.aspx?pid=201 and choosing “Cyber Forensics Investigator (UNHcFREG)”.

Thank you again for your time and donations. Help us spread the word! and make it happen!

Finally, my sincerest apologies for those that may be on multiple mailing lists and may receive this twice.

Sincerely,

Abe

Ibrahim (Abe) Baggili PhD
Elder Family Endowed Chair,
Assistant Dean,
Co-Director, Cyber Forensics Research and Education Group (UNHcFREG)

University of New Haven, A leader in experiential education
Tagliatela College of Engineering
300 Boston Post Rd, West Haven, CT 06516
+1-203-932-7198 E-mail: ibaggili at newhaven.edu<mailto:ibaggili at newhaven.edu>
Web: UNHcFREG<http://www.unhcfreg.com/> Personal Website <http://www.baggili.com/> Google Scholar<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=cskwIy8AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao>