[DFSci] New SWGDE Drafts Posted for Public Comment

Baker, Dave bakerd at mitre.org
Tue Feb 23 08:46:18 PST 2016

I've been asked to post this message on behalf of the SWGDE:

The Scientific Working Group on Digital Evidence (SWGDE) is pleased
to announce the posting of the following six new draft documents for
public review and comment at :
https://www.swgde.org/documents/Released%20For%20Public%20Comment

SWGDE Best Practices for Digital Audio Authentication, version 1.0
(Audio Committee)
SWGDE Best Practices for Photographic Comparison for All Disciplines,
version 1.0 (Imaging Committee)
SWGDE Best Practices for Vehicle Infotainment and Telematics Systems,
version 2.0  (Forensics Committee)
SWGDE Glossary, version 3.0 (Outreach Committee)
SWGDE Image Compression and File Formats Guidelines, version 1.0
(Photography Committee)
SWGDE Proposed Techniques for Advanced Data Recovery from Security
Digital Video Recorders Containing H.264 Data, version 1.2 (Video
Committee & Ad-Hoc Committee)

In accordance with SWGDE policy, draft documents will be posted for
a minimum of 60 days for public comment.  The first page of each
draft document gives instructions on how to submit feedback to our
Secretary via an email to secretary at swgde.org  All feedback received
prior to our next meeting in June 2016 will be reviewed by the
appropriate subcommittee at that meeting.

At the conclusion of our recent meeting, SWGDE voted to release the
following Approved documents. They are available for download on the
Current Documents page of the SWGDE website:
https://www.swgde.org/documents/Current%20Documents

SWGDE Best Practices for Chip-Off, version 1.0 (Forensics Committee)
SWGDE Best Practices for Collection of Damaged Mobile Devices,
version 1.1 (Forensics Committee)
SWGDE Linux Tech Notes, version 1.0 (Forensics Committee)
SWGDE Image Processing Guidelines, version 1.0 (Photography Committee)
SWGDE Training Guidelines for Video Analysis, Image Analysis and
Photography, version 1.1 (Imaging Committee)

However, as noted on the cover page of all our documents, SWGDE
encourages stakeholder feedback and suggestions for modifications
to any document are welcome at all times.  Please include the
information listed in the "Requests for Modification:" paragraph
when providing feedback.

We appreciate your participation as SWGDE continues its mission to
bring together organizations actively engaged in the field of
digital and multimedia evidence to foster communication and
cooperation as well as ensuring quality and consistency within the
forensic community.  Anyone interested in receiving regular updates
via email is encouraged to sign up for the SWGDE NewsBytes
newsletter here:
https://www.swgde.org/newsletter/newsletterSignUp

Thank you,

David Hallimore