[DFSci] Announcing: 2018 Lone Wolf Scenario

Simson Garfinkel simsong at acm.org
Sun Jul 15 02:44:12 PDT 2018

This summer we are releasing two new scenarios on the digitalcorpora website.

The first, released today, is the 2018 Lone Wolf Scenario, created by GMU student Thomas Moore. The scenario consists of more than 32GB (compressed) of data that was seized from a fictional individual who was planning a mass shooting.

Please remember: this is a fictional scenario about fictional people!

Unlike the other scenarios on our website, this scenario also includes output of commercial forensic tools for student use. The idea is that there is nothing especially creative about running evidence through a tool, and a lot of students do not have access to state-of-the-art commercial tools, so we have run the tools for your students!

A teacher's guide is available for this scenario.