[DFSci] Expanding scope of Digital Investigation

Eoghan Casey eoghan at disclosedigital.com
Sun Jun 25 07:36:07 PDT 2017

Colleagues:

I am pleased to announce that the Journal of Digital Investigation now has a new Aims & Scopes (https://www.journals.elsevier.com/digital-investigation/).

Digital Investigation covers a broad array of subjects related to crime and security throughout the computerized world. The primary pillar of this publication is digital evidence, with the core qualities of provenance, integrity and authenticity.

To explain this new aims and scope, I published a commentary from my Editorial ‘The broadening horizons of digital investigation’, highlighting innovative content in the current issue (Volume 21), and in the recent Special Issue of Digital Investigation on Volatile Memory Analysis (Volume 20, March 2017).

Read the full commentary here:
https://www.journals.elsevier.com/digital-investigation/news/the-broadening-horizons-of-digital-investigation

We hope you enjoy reading the special issues:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/17422876/20

DFRWS CONFERENCES
The Journal of Digital Investigation encourages work that fits best in a conference proceedings to be submitted to DFRWS.org which has similarly inclusive aims and scope.

INROADS INTO DIGITAL INVESTIGATION
Digital Investigation is constantly seeking opportunities to make more content available to the broadest possible audience. Existing efforts include collaboration with conferences, open access, professional organisations, sample issues, article sharing, and expanding journal involvement. Find out more about Inroads to Digital Investigation here:

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/digital-investigation/news/inroads-to-digital-investigation

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Eoghan Casey
Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Digital Investigation