[DFSci] OSDFCon CFP and Module Competition

Brian Carrier carrier at digital-evidence.org
Mon Apr 17 11:41:18 PDT 2017

We’re a bit late this year, but it’s time to start getting ready for the
8th Annual Open Source Digital Forensics Conference (OSDFCon).

* Conference Date: October 17, 2017
* Location: Herndon, VA

We want you to start submitting your talk ideas, writing Autopsy modules,
and saving the date on your calendar.   OSDFCon is the 1-day event to
attend each year to learn about the latest open source digital forensics
and incident response tools with over 400 of your colleagues.

If you want to get direct updates as the event gets closer, sign up at
http://www.osdfcon.org/get-updates/.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS AND WORKSHOPS

Each year, OSDFCon gives developers and users a platform to talk about the
open source software they love and give hands-on workshops.  We want to
hear your presentation and workshop ideas.  Submissions are due by  June 1.

Past presentations have covered new software, new features in mature
software, modules for plug-in frameworks, and use cases that integrate
several pieces of software. A detailed list of topics and submission
details can be found here:

  http://www.osdfcon.org/osdfcon-2017/2017-call-for-presentations/

AUTOPSY MODULE COMPETITION

Basis Technology is again organizing an Autopsy module writing
competition.  The modules can be written in Python or Java and we have
tutorials to help you get started.    Learning to write Autopsy modules
will make you more efficient because Autopsy takes care of providing access
to files, user interface, and reporting.  All you have to do is focus on
some cool analytics.

Attendees of OSDFCon vote to help pick the winner and the top three will
get cash prizes.    If we get 12 or more submissions, Basis Technology will
double the prize amounts.   Submissions are due by October 2 (5+ months
away!). Links to tutorials and submission details can be found here:

  http://www.osdfcon.org/osdfcon-2017/2017-module-development-contest/

SPONSORSHIP

We have a few sponsorship opportunities available if you would like to help
support the open source community and get exposure to the audience by
having a table at the event.

   http://www.osdfcon.org/sponsorship-opportunities/

ABOUT OSDFCON

OSDFCon is the premier event focused exclusively on open source digital
forensics tools, OSDFCon offers short talks over the course of a single
day. These talks are packed with information and present a unique
opportunity to learn about new (often free) tools and provide feedback
directly to developers.  Basis Technology is the organizing sponsor of the
event and it is free for government employees to attend.