[DFSci] Help collect data for a PhD student on case allocation

Baggili, Ibrahim IBaggili at newhaven.edu
Mon May 16 07:41:54 PDT 2016

Dear all, a former MS student of mine that is working on her PhD needs your help conducting her research. She needs access to digital forensic department heads / managers - either private or public. Please see below!

I am a PhD student at University of Central Lancashire - Preston UK.  I am studying in school of Computing, Engineering and Physical sciences.  I am looking for participants in my study (They will participate in an interview through SKYPE or PHONE that will last for about an hour). They need to be working in digital forensics department as department head/Manager, section head (decision makers in the digital forensic department).  It can be Private or Government department.

The aim of the study is

  *   To understand the context of work in different digital forensics departments around the world.
  *   Illustrate the current and future status of cases distribution process in those departments.
  *   Highlight the factors and trends that are likely to affect the process.
  *   Mainly, the study will get reflections from professionals in the field and the key contribution of the work is to bring together people from different experiences and cultures to demonstrate their vision regarding the process of allocating cases.

The role of the participants:

  *   Your participation will be highly valuable in this research due to the fact that you have the experience working in a digital forensics department.
  *   Your background of how the cases are distributed in your department will support the main target of this research.
  *   Your participation will be by undertaking an interview through phone/skype that will last for a maximum of an hour.
  *   The interview will be mainly to understand the current system of cases distribution in your digital forensics department.
  *   The interview will be recorded. The recorded interview, plus all the collected data will be anonymized, encrypted and stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
  *   No one will have access to the data other than myself and my supervisory team.

Ethical approval to proceed with the interviews is already obtained..

Further information will be sent to you once you decide to participate. Your participation is really valuable.

My Name is: Ibtesam Mohammed Alawadhi
Email: ibtesam_alawadhi at hotmail.com
Mobile Number: 00971504211154

Regards,
Ibtesam Alawadhi
Ibrahim (Abe) Baggili PhD
Elder Family Endowed Chair,
Assistant Dean,

Co-Director, Cyber Forensics Research and Education Group (UNHcFREG)

University of New Haven, A leader in experiential education
Tagliatela College of Engineering
300 Boston Post Rd, West Haven, CT 06516
+1-203-932-7198 E-mail: ibaggili at newhaven.edu<mailto:ibaggili at newhaven.edu>
Web: UNHcFREG<http://www.unhcfreg.com/> <http://baggili.weebly.com/> Personal Website<http://www.baggili.com/> <http://www.baggili.com/> Google Scholar<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=cskwIy8AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao>