[DFSci] DFRWS USA 2016 - Challenge Submission and Hotel Registration Special Rate Deadlines on July 8

Baker, Dave bakerd at mitre.org
Thu Jun 30 03:45:02 PDT 2016

CHALLENGE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS JULY 8, 2016

FORENSIC CHALLENGE
The 2016 DFRWS Forensic Challenge seeks to advance the state-of-the-art
in Software Defined Networks (SDN) forensics by focusing the community's
attention on this emerging domain. DFRWS offers the following prizes for
the winners of the challenge:
- First Prize: DFRWS will provide free conference registration to our
2017 conference for up to two members of the winning team.
- Grand prize: DFRWS will award an additional $1,000 cash prize to the
winners, if their solution exhibits all the attributes of a field-ready
tool with the necessary robustness and performance.
For more details about the rules, submission information, and the
necessary tools/materials, please visit:
  http://dfrws.org/2016/challenge/
Send all questions to:
  challenge <at> dfrws <dot> org

Hotel Room Special Rate ENDS JULY 08, 2016 - Book now to SAVE.
  https://resweb.passkey.com/go/dfrws or call 1-888-233-9527

HOTEL INFORMATION
DFRWS-USA 2016 Conference will be held August 07-10, 2016, at the
Crowne Plaza hotel, in beautiful Seattle, WA. Accommodation is not
included as part of the conference registration fee. DFRWS USA has
reserved a room block with reduced rates. August is peak season in
Seattle so we encourage people to plan ahead and book their rooms prior
to the cut-off date of July 8. Please utilize the link below or call
the provided phone number to reserve your room. To book at the
conference rate, please visit:
  https://resweb.passkey.com/go/dfrws or call 1-888-233-9527

REGISTRATION INFORMATION
DFRWS USA 2016 registration includes access to all presentations; a
copy of the printed proceedings; breakfasts; a welcome reception on
Monday August 08; a banquet on Tuesday August 09; and entrance to
the famous rodeo challenge. It also includes free access to both
pre-conference and post-conference workshops on August 07 and 10.
The early registration rate expires on June 24. There are also group
rates, student rates, and law enforcement rates available. For
details and the link to register, please see:
  http://dfrws.org/2016/register.shtml
Send any registration questions to:
  usa-registration <at> dfrws <dot> org

PROGRAM INFORMATION
The DFRWS conference brings together leading researchers, practitioners,
industry, tool developers, academics, law enforcement, and military
from around the globe to tackle current and emerging challenges in
digital forensics. Established in 2001, DFRWS conferences welcome all
community members to share cutting-edge research, practitioner
presentations, and works in progress in a friendly atmosphere. Every
gathering includes panels, tutorials, and other "breakout sessions,"
where various issues related to digital forensics are discussed. As an
independent organization, we promote open community discussions and
disseminate the results of our work to the widest audience.
The Keynote speakers for this year are:
- Erin Kenneally, Portfolio Manager, Homeland Security Advanced Research
Projects Agency (HSARPA), Science and Technology Directorate of the
US Department of Homeland Security
- Troy Larsen, Principal Digital Investigator specializing in the
forensic investigations of virtual systems including Windows Azure at
Microsoft Corporation

Please visit our program page at:
  http://dfrws.org/2016/program.shtml
for details about our speakers and research presentations.

We look forward to seeing you in Seattle!

Sincerely,
DFRWS USA Organizing Committee
Send any questions regarding the 2015 USA conference to:
  usa <at> dfrws <dot> org