[DFSci] SWGDE Drafts Posted for Public Comment

Baker, Dave bakerd at mitre.org
Wed Jun 29 03:44:36 PDT 2016

The Scientific Working Group on Digital Evidence (SWGDE) is pleased to
announce posting of the following two new draft documents for public review
and comment at:
 https://www.swgde.org/documents/Released%20For%20Public%20Comment

 - SWGDE Comments on Forced Minimization Requirements for the Seizure of
   Digital Evidence
 - SWGDE Crime Scene-Critical Incident Videography Recommendations and Guidelines

In accordance with SWGDE policy, draft documents will be posted for a minimum
of 60 days for public comment.  The first page of each draft document gives
instructions on how to submit feedback to our Secretary via an email to:
  secretary at swgde.org

All feedback received prior to our next meeting in September 2016 will be
reviewed by the appropriate subcommittee at that meeting.

At the conclusion of our recent meeting, SWGDE voted to release the following
Approved documents. They are available for download on the Current Documents
page of the SWGDE website:
 https://www.swgde.org/documents/Current%20Documents

 - SWGDE Best Practices for Digital Audio Authentication, version 1.0
 - SWGDE Best Practices for Photographic Comparison for All Disciplines, version 1.0
 - SWGDE Best Practices for Vehicle Infotainment and Telematics Systems, version 2.0
 - SWGDE Digital Image Compression and File Formats Guidelines, version 1.0
 - SWGDE Digital & Multimedia Evidence Glossary, version 3.0
 - SWGDE Proposed Techniques for Advanced Data Recovery from Security DVRs
   Containing H.264 Data, version 1.2

However, as noted on the cover page of all our documents, SWGDE encourages
stakeholder feedback and suggestions for modifications to any document are
welcome at all times.  Please include the information listed in the
"Requests for Modification:" paragraph on the first page of each document
when providing feedback.

We appreciate your participation as SWGDE continues its mission to bring
together organizations actively engaged in the field of digital and
multimedia evidence to foster communication and cooperation as well as
ensuring quality and consistency within the forensic community.  Anyone
interested in receiving regular updates via email is encouraged to sign up
for the SWGDE NewsBytes newsletter here:
  https://www.swgde.org/newsletter/newsletterSignUp

Thank you,
David Hallimore
forensicaudio at gmail.com