[DFSci] OSDFCon Program Announced. Register Now.

Brian Carrier carrier at digital-evidence.org
Mon Aug 22 06:49:25 PDT 2016

The 7th Annual OSDFCon program has been finalized. Learn about the latest in memory forensics, incident response, cloud computing, and more at the 1-day event in Herndon, VA.

This years event also has 4 hands-on workshops before the conference and a 1-day Autopsy training after it.

Register Now to learn about software that you can add to your toolkit. As always, it is free for government employees. Early bird registration ends October 1st.

    http://www.osdfcon.org/

Conference Program
This year's program includes presentations from Facebook, Google, Mozilla, and Basis Technology. Topics include:

	• Enterprise-scale incident response
	• Memory forensics
	• Timeline analysis
	• Updates to Autopsy
	• Parsing windows artifacts
	• Using and analyzing the cloud
	• and more!

Workshops
The workshops before the conference provide hands-on experience and are often taught by the developers. Topics include:

	• Memory forensics using Volatility
	• Writing Python modules for Autopsy
	• Parsing windows artifacts using Eric Zimmerman’s tools

Autopsy Training

There is a 1-day Autopsy training course after the conference that covers how to most effectively use the free software. Autopsy has the features needed to fully conduct an investigation and was built to be easy to use and extensible. Learn how to use it in your cases.

Register Now for the conference, workshops, or training.

Sponsorships

We have a small number of sponsorship opportunities available this year if you are interested in supporting this effort. We can provide exhibit tables or recognition for specific events.

Autopsy Module Contest

Basis Technology is again sponsoring an Autopsy module contest. Win cash prizes with a Python or Java module. The more submissions we get, the bigger the prizes get.

Autopsy provides the infrastructure needed to build modules. All you need to do is write some cool analytics. We have several tutorials and code samples to start from. Submit your module code for the chance to win a cash prize!

Submissions are due October 10, 2016.