[DFSci] The 2016 Volatility Plugin Contest is now live!

Andrew Case atcuno at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 10:33:36 PDT 2016

We are happy to announce that the 2016 Volatility Plugin Contest is now
live:

http://volatility-labs.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-2016-volatility-plugin-contest-is.html

This contest is modeled after the annual IDA Pro one, and its purpose is
to encourage new research in the memory forensics field. Volatility is
one of the most popular tools in digital forensics, incident response,
and malware analysis, and by submitting to our contest your work will
immediately gain visibility through all of these communities.

Besides this recognition, we also award the top entries over $2,000 in
cash prizes, swag (stickers, t-shirts, etc.), and blog entries on our
Volatility Labs blog.

This contest is a great opportunity to explore the open source
Volatility Framework, add visibility to your career, and potentially
develop a master's thesis or PhD project.

--
Thanks,
Andrew (@attrc)