[DFSci] Position Announcement - UTSA Department of Criminal Justice

Baker, Dave bakerd at mitre.org
Tue Sep 29 08:55:54 PDT 2015

I was asked to post this announcement for University of Texas at
San Antonio. Please direct any inquiries to the POC at the bottom
of the announcement. I am unable to answer any questions regarding
these positions.

The Department of Criminal Justice at the University of Texas at San
Antonio seeks to fill two tenure-track positions, one at the Assistant
Professor rank focusing on those with research and teaching specializa-
tions in policing or courts, and one position at either the tenure-track
Assistant Professor rank or tenured Associate Professor rank (tenure
contingent upon Board of Regents Approval) with a research focus in
cybercrime/digital forensics, beginning Fall 2016. The successful
candidate will have a Ph.D. in Criminology, Criminal Justice, or closely
related field by the time of appointment, along with demonstrated
excellence in scholarly research, grant acquisition, effective teaching,
and service. Teaching expectations are commensurate with Research I
institutions.

UTSA continues to move toward Research I status and currently enrolls
approximately 30,000 students. The Department is housed within the College
of Public Policy on UTSA's Downtown campus, which is situated in the heart
of San Antonio. The Department currently offers a B.A. in Criminal Justice
and a M.S. in Criminal Justice and Criminology. For further information
about the Department, please visit our website:
 http://copp.utsa.edu/criminal-justice

Applicants should submit:
 (1) a cover letter describing research and teaching interests and
     position applying for,
 (2) a current curriculum vitae,
 (3) an example of published scholarly work, and
 (4) three letters of recommendation.

Send all application materials electronically with UTSA CJ Faculty Search
in the subject line to:
Byongook Moon, Ph.D.
Chair, Faculty Recruitment Committee
Byongook.Moon at utsa.edu

With a carbon copy to Rhonda Johnson
Administrative Associate II
Rhonda.Johnson at utsa.edu

Review of applications begins September 15, 2015 and will continue until
the position is filled.

*The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer. Women, race/ethnic minorities, veterans, and
persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants who are
selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they will be
eligible and qualified to work in the United States by the time of hire.

Byongook.Moon at utsa.edu