[DFSci] OSDFCon CFP - Closing Soon

Brian Carrier carrier at digital-evidence.org
Tue May 26 13:46:07 PDT 2015

There is less than 1 week left to submit a talk for OSDFCon 2015.   It’s time for the final rush to submit. Only abstracts are needed.  Use the form at http://www.osdfcon.org by EOD June 1 to submit.

The 6th Annual Open Source Digital Forensics Conference (OSDFCon) will be held on October 28, 2015 in Herndon, VA.  All users and developers are invited to submit a presentation or workshop topic by June 1, 2015.  This is a unique opportunity to present your work and experiences to over 400 people.

The conference will be attended by both digital forensic investigators and developers.  This event is a great opportunity to make investigators aware of your tools, get feedback from users, meet fellow developers and users, and help direct the future of open source digital forensics software.

To receive updates about the conference, sign up for e-mail updates (http://www.osdfcon.org) or watch #osdfcon on twitter.

TOPICS

We are looking for 35-minute talks on a variety of topics about using open source tools, including:

* New tools and analysis techniques
* New features to mature tools
* Open, plug-in analysis framework designs and experiences
* Automated analysis
* Hard drive analysis and triage
* Memory and network forensics
* Mobile device forensics
* Analyzing application-level artifacts
* Cyber incident response
* User experiences
* Case studies

We also have openings for half-day workshops on the day before the conference (October 27, 2015).  The workshops should teach people how to use or develop open source tools by providing hands-on guidance.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Topics can be submitted using an online form:

   http://www.osdfcon.org

Submissions are due June 1, 2015. Our plan this year is to do an initial pass of the submissions and then use crowd sourcing to choose the final set of topics.

E-mail submissions2015 [at] osdfcon [dot] org with any questions.