[DFSci] The 2015 Volatility Plugin Contest is now live!

Andrew Case atcuno at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 11:17:46 PDT 2015

We are happy to announce that the 2015 Volatility Plugin Contest is now
live:

http://www.volatilityfoundation.org/#!2015/c1qp0

This contest is modeled after the annual IDA Pro one, and its purpose is
to encourage new research in the memory forensics field. Volatility is
one of the most popular tools in digital forensics, incident response,
and malware analysis, and by submitting to our contest your work will
immediately gain visibility through all of these communities.

Besides this recognition, we also award the top entries over $2,000 in
cash prizes, swag (stickers, t-shirts, etc.), blog entries on our
Volatility Labs blog, and an invitation to speak at our memory
forensics workshop.

The entries of last year's winners can be found here:

http://www.volatilityfoundation.org/#!2014/cjpn

This contest is a great opportunity to explore the open source
Volatility Framework, add visibility to your career, and potentially
develop a master's thesis or PhD project.

--
Thanks,
Andrew (@attrc)