[DFSci] New SWGDE Draft Documents for Public Comment

Baker, Dave bakerd at mitre.org
Thu Jul 9 08:21:22 PDT 2015

The Scientific Working Group on Digital Evidence (SWGDE) is pleased
to announce the posting of the following nine new draft documents for
public review and comment at
https://www.swgde.org/documents/Released%20For%20Public%20Comment

* SWGDE Best Practices for Examining Magnetic Card Readers v2.0
* SWGDE Best Practices for Examining Mobile Phones Using JTAG
* SWGDE Best Practices for the Forensic Use of Photogrammetry
* SWGDE Guidance on ISO-IEC 17025 Section 5 as Applied to Digital
  and Multimedia Forensics
* SWGDE Mac OS X Tech Notes v1.3
* SWGDE Proficiency Test Guidelines
* SWGDE Recommendations and Guidelines for Using Video Security Systems
* SWGDE Training Guidelines for Video Analysis, Image Analysis and
  Photography
* SWGDE Best Practices for Digital Audio Authentication v1.34
* SWGDE Best Practices for Handling Damaged Mobile Devices

In accordance with SWGDE policy, draft documents will be posted for
a minimum of 60 days for public comment.  The first page of each draft
document gives instructions on how to submit feedback to our Secretary
via an email to secretary at swgde.org
All feedback received prior to our next meeting in September 2015 will
be reviewed by the appropriate subcommittee at that meeting.

At the conclusion of our recent meeting, SWGDE voted to release the
"SWGDE Best Practices for Forensic Audio v2.1" as an Approved document.
However, as noted on the cover page of all our documents, "SWGDE
encourages stakeholder participation in the preparation of documents.
Suggestions for modifications are welcome and must be forwarded to the
Secretary in writing at secretary at swgde.org "

All approved documents are available for download on the Current
Documents page of the SWGDE website:
https://www.swgde.org/documents/Current%20Documents

We appreciate your participation as SWGDE continues its mission to
bring together organizations actively engaged in the field of digital
and multimedia evidence to foster communication and cooperation as
well as ensuring quality and consistency within the forensic
community.  Anyone interested in receiving regular updates via email
is encouraged to sign up for the SWGDE NewsBytes newsletter here:
https://www.swgde.org/newsletter/newsletterSignUp

Thank you,

David Hallimore
SWGDE Outreach Committee Chair