[DFSci] CyberFETCH Spotlight Interviews

John Ivory ivory at cyberfetch.org
Fri Apr 24 07:44:26 PDT 2015

For those who are not already familiar with it, CyberFETCH.org
<http://cyberfetch.org/> is a DHS Science & Technology sponsored web
site that is a repository for all NIST test results for cyber forensic
tools.  It also hosts a community forum for discussions of best tools
and practices in a vendor neutral and secure environment.

CyberFETCH is now hosting a series of community driven interviews with
key people in the cyber / forensics community, which we are calling
"Spotlights".  These will be similar to the "Ask Me Anything" sessions
on Reddit (reddit.com/r/AMA <http://reddit.com/r/AMA>).  Rather than
being completely open-forum and live though, we work with the guest and
the community by moderating the exchange, making this more like the
interview format popular on SlashDot (slashdot.org/tag/interviews
<http://slashdot.org/tag/interviews>).

We have three /excellent/ volunteers to start this off with, all set and
ready for your questions...

    Dr. Marcus Rogers
    <http://cyberfetch.org/spotlight/MarcusRogers>, Director of the
    Cyber Forensics Program Purdue University, popular guest lecturer,
    expert in digital forensics, founder of the Digital Forensics
    Certification Board
    Dr. Jim Lyle <http://cyberfetch.org/spotlight/JimLyle>, Project
    leader for the Computer Forensic Tool Testing project at the
    National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
    Dr. Jonathan Katz
    <http://cyberfetch.org/spotlight/JonathanKatz>, Co-author of
    "Introduction to Modern Cryptography", Director, Maryland
    Cybersecurity Center and Professor, Dept. of Computer Science,
    University of Maryland

Many more will follow (and we're wide open to your suggestions on who
else we should invite to the Spotlight).

So please, check out the link below.  Read the bio, see who piques
your curiosity, and send in some questions.  Don't be bashful.  :-)

    http://cyberfetch.org/spotlight <http://cyberfetch.org/spotlight>

Please feel free to forward this message along to anybody else you think
may want to join in the conversation.

Thanks,
John